Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Froma cookbook CD. No comments yet as I haven't tried it.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped onions
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 cups water
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- lemon slice
- grated parmesan cheese
- In 5 quart Dutch oven, saute onions, mushrooms, celery, carrots and garlic in margarine until tender. Stir in water, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, basil, pepper, lemon juice, wild and regular rice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until wild rice is tender. Garnish each serving with lemon slice and Parmesan cheese.