Prep 8 mins
Cook 40 mins
A sweet drink that is a perfect winter treat and a good drink for kids and people of all ages. I like this recipe because it has a very sweet taste and it gets all the nutrition out of the fruit. This recipe is kind of like a indonesian drink, but since I made it up, I call it parkernesian. If you read this, review it so I know how yours turned out.
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 piloncillo cone
- 7 cups coconut water
- 2 cups apple juice (optional)
- 10 tamarind pods (de-shelled)
- 2 fresh papayas (in pieces)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (medium-size piece)
- 6 quartered guavas
- 6 quartered and skinned kiwi fruits
- 3 large cross-hatched slices mangoes
- 8 skinned and halved strawberries
- 1⁄4 cinnamon stick
- Boil the coconut water (and juice if chosen) and add everything.
- Let that simmer for 40 minutes.
- Take the fruit out with tongs and strain through a coffee strainer.
- Serve warm and enjoy!