Recipe by Carol H
This is a weird but yummy dish.
Top Review by JustJanS
I brought a big pot of water to the boil, and dealt with all the veggies seperately, dropping them in, bringing them back to the boil and then cooking for a minute or two before removing them with a slotted spoon. I also cut a carrot into "flowers". I served the sauce seperately, so a very health concious friend could use it or not! We had pork satay, and I used the sauce from that for both dishes.
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups green cabbage or 4 cups Chinese cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 cups green beans, cut (or canned)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1⁄2 English cucumber (long cucumber)
- 1 2⁄3 cups peanut sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a boil; add salt, cabbage, bean sprouts, and green beans.
- Boil vegetables for 5 minutes; drain.
- Boil potatoes in a separate pot until tender then peel them.
- Cut potatoes, eggs and cucumber into slices.
- Heat peanut sauce on low heat.
- Arrange the green vegetables on a very large platter.
- Cover them with the sliced potatoes, eggs and cucumbers.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the entire platter and serve.
- Serving Ideas : Serve with white rice and a meat dish.
- NOTES : The peanut sauce may be made by hand or bought.
- We put the Gado Gado in a large casserole dish.