Recipe by NotQuiteVegetarian
Depending on quantities, can be a starter or main course. For speed of preparation, serve with bought peanut dipping sauce. Adapted from The Essential Fingerfood Cookbook (which includes recipe for homemade sauce).
- 6 new potatoes
- 2 carrots, cut into batons
- 250 g snake beans, cut into 10 cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 250 g firm tofu, cubed
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, cut into thick strips
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 5 eggs, hard boiled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- Drain, cool slightly, then cut into quarters.
- Cook carrots and beans separately until just ender.
- Drain, plunge into iced water, then drain thoroughly.
- Heat oil in nonstick frying pan and cook tofu all over in batches until crisp.
- Drain on crumpled paper towels.
- Arrange vegetables and tofu on plate, cut eggs in half and place in centre around bowl of peanut sauce.