Gaurdian Gabriel's Note:
Moi's famous 2 layer cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (6 ounce) box chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- Cool Whip
- 1 (14 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, dairy
- 1 tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.
- 3In a large bowl, add the cake mix, pudding, cinnamon, eggs, oil and buttermilk, beat for 3 minutes until smooth, then pour into prepared cake pans .
- 4Bake the cake for 35- 40 minutes or until done when tested with toothpick.
- 5Set on cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- 6Once cooled, spread the top of the first cake with the cool whip, then gently place the cherries and a little of the sauce on top of the cool whip leaving a 1/2 inch margin. Place the remaining cake gently on top.
- 7Put the cake in the fridge while preparing the ganache frosting.
- 8To make the ganache, add the butter and chocolate chips in a small pot and melt slowly over low heat, then stir in milk and corn syrup until smooth. (3 - 5 minutes)
- 9Remove the pot from heat and stir the frosting then pour over the top of the cake.
- 10For a harder frosting place the cake in the fridge and for a softer topping leave the cake on the counter.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gabriels Cake
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.9
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 119.6 mg
- Sodium 943.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 50.9 g
- Protein 11.4 g