Gaurdian Gabriel's Note:
Moi's famous 2 layer cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (6 ounce) box chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- Cool Whip
- 1 (14 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, dairy
- 1 tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.
- 3In a large bowl, add the cake mix, pudding, cinnamon, eggs, oil and buttermilk, beat for 3 minutes until smooth, then pour into prepared cake pans .
- 4Bake the cake for 35- 40 minutes or until done when tested with toothpick.
- 5Set on cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- 6Once cooled, spread the top of the first cake with the cool whip, then gently place the cherries and a little of the sauce on top of the cool whip leaving a 1/2 inch margin. Place the remaining cake gently on top.
- 7Put the cake in the fridge while preparing the ganache frosting.
- 8To make the ganache, add the butter and chocolate chips in a small pot and melt slowly over low heat, then stir in milk and corn syrup until smooth. (3 - 5 minutes)
- 9Remove the pot from heat and stir the frosting then pour over the top of the cake.
- 10For a harder frosting place the cake in the fridge and for a softer topping leave the cake on the counter.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gabriels Cake
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 839.9
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 119.6 mg
- Sodium 943.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 50.9 g
- Protein 11.4 g