Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus a little for greasing the pan (1 stick)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- grated lemon zest
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan, or line with aluminum foil and grease the aluminum foil.
- Melt the butter over low heat. Transfer to a bowl and use the electric mixer to beat in the egg and vanilla, stirring down the sides every now and then.
- Add the salt, then gently stir in the flour. Pour into the prepared pan and then bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until just barely set in the middle. Its better to underbake brownies than to overbake them. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Store covered at room temperature for no more than a day.