Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I obtained this from a friend who said it was from The Gables Inn Bed & Breakfast in California.
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 2 cups zucchini (not peeled shredded)
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature cut in 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Brown sausage and drain well. Spread over bottom of greased 8" pie pan or quiche pan.
- Layer zucchini over sausage, then sprinkle scallions and seasonings over top.
- Whisk eggs with half and half, sprinkle in a dash of red pepper flakes, and pour over zucchini and sausage.
- Sprinkle with cream cheese cubes. Top with Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses.
- Bake for 45 minutes until top is lightly golden or knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Wonderful served with fresh fruit, toast and marmalade.
Very good. The only change I would make in the future would be to saute the zucchini first. It was a little crunchy.
Our boys were not going to be home so I decided I would make this for DH & myself. Well I cant tell you how much we enjoyed it. Our youngest DS had a slice before bed (cold) and loved it. We had the rest for breakfast the next morning.