Recipe by Harley Quinn
A Moroccan hot sauce, often used as a condiment and in cooking. From Astray.com. Posted for ZWT4
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Made this for PAC Fall 08 and so glad I did, I made exactly as directed but my small town grocery store didn't have habaneros so I used Jalapenos. I've made it to use with your recipe #310253 which is currently marinating in the fridge. But did taste it and love the blend of flavors, it made quite a bit so I'll be using it on a LOT of things, I'm going to try it on rice next, maybe as a side with the chicken - YUM!! Loved the directions for peeling the bell peppers - had never done that before and was surprised at how easy it was. Thanks HQ for a wonderful and unusual recipe.
- 2 -3 red bell peppers
- 10 habaneros
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Stem and seed the bell peppers and the habaneros.
- Grill the bell peppers until well charred, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with foil and let them "sweat" for 15 minutes, then peel.
- Put the bell peppers flesh with everything else in the food processor, and process until smooth.
- Of course you can improvise: leave some seeds from the peppers, substitute tomatoes for one or all the bell peppers, using different chiles.