Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
This recipe is from my son's Home and Careers cooking class at school. These cookies are delicious- crisp and sweet, almost like a sugar cookie. These are my personal favorite!
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (pack tightly)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Place shortening and white sugar in a large bowl. Measure brown sugar, packing it in a measuring cup. Add to large bowl. Mix until mixture is fluffy- a fork works well for this. Crack an egg into a custard cup and pour into the mixture. Add vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl measure flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir.
- Pour the flour mixture slowly into the large bowl of wet ingredients. Mix well using a wooden spoon. No flour should be visible. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 11 minutes.