Perfect for a ladies luncheon or tea, these sandwiches are served on croissants and make a great presentation!
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey, diced
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 ounces chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard (I use spicy brown)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (can use lite mayo)
- 10 large fresh croissants, sliced in half
- fresh alfalfa sprout
- pepperoncini pepper
- pickle, etc. to taste
- In large mixing bowl, prepare and combine first 6 ingredients, mixing well to blend.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients and blend well.
- Pour second mixture over the chicken mixture and again mix well (more mayo can be added if desired).
- Slice the croissants (warm slightly if desired) and fill with a couple of rounded tablespoons of the chicken salad mixture.
- Garnish with sprouts, peppers, etc.
This is a very interesting and flavorful chicken salad. I made minus the celery for DH and it was very good. The cumin was a nice touch. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.