Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This crab sandwich is served at The Greenery-- a "chick" restaurant at the mouth of Ogden Canyon in Utah. This sandwich was honored with a 2002 Olympic pin.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs king crab meat, cut into large pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 slices tomatoes
- 6 English muffins, split, toasted and buttered
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix crab, mayonnaise, onion, salt and lemon juice.
- Place a tomato slice on each muffin half.
- Arrange crab salad on top of tomato dividing equally among sandwiches.
- Top each with a slice of mozzarella.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned.
- Cooks Note: Due to personal taste, I often decrease the amount of mayonnaise so that the salad isn't as wet.