Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This light salad is similar to a Vietnamese version of Western coleslaw.
- 250 g chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 320 g cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 10 g fresh mint leaves
- 50 g roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 fresh coriander sprig, for garnishing (cilantro)
- 2 chilies, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- To make the salad, combine the shredded chicken, cabbage, carrots and mint leaves in a large mixing bowl.
- To make the dressing, combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl, stirring well to mix. Dress the salad and toss well to combine.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate. Garnish with the chopped peanuts and coriander sprigs and serve.
I love the lovely flavors in this delicious salad. I used less dressing on mine but it was no less flavorful . I added some extra cilantro too.