Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
GA KHO (ginger chicken)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon thick soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, cubed
- Heat oil and fry ginger, garlic and shallot until brown.
- Add chicken and stir fry for 1 minute, then add all ingredients.
- Cook for 8 minutes, stirring often until sauce thickens.
This was an excellent meal, accompanied by Tomato Rice. I started by preparing the rice to the point where I could leave it to cook, and then made the chicken, the timing was perfect. I found this recipe perfect as is and particularly liked the cubed onions. Only thing, I should have doubled the recipe, it would have been so nice to have extra to enjoy again today! I will be making it often. These recipes were made in loving memory of Annelies, gone too soon and sorely missed.
***Made for Pets'R'us Cookathon event May 2010*** This was wonderful! The sugar was a pefect balance for the ginger. I used green onions for mildness and the "green" on top. I also used oyster sauce instead of fish sauce. Great recipe!
It seemed to be missing something. I put in extra garlic and ginger but maybe a little sesame oil would help.