1 hr 20 mins
minnie chef's Note:
Wonderful for Christmas. Keep your eye on them for the last 15 minutes of baking. Some people enjoy this with a citrus glaze. Make sure the persimmons are ripe and soft! They ripen by exposure to light. I translated this recipe from French. From David Lebovitz. Makes 2 cakes. OK, I've revised the measurements- metric works much better and should ensure a moist cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 450 g sugar
- 200 g butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 150 ml cognac or 150 ml cups rum or 150 ml Scotch whisky
- 500 ml persimmon pulp, about 4 large persimmons
- 250 g roasted walnuts or 250 g pecans or 250 g almonds, chopped
- 300 g raisins or 300 g dried fruit, packed
- 1Set oven to 345°F.
- 2Butter two rectangular cake pans. Cut two leaves of parchment paper, line each pan.
- 3Cut the persimmons in half and remove and save the pulp, discard the skins. Pulverize pulp with food processor or blender, or through a colander.
- 4Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- 5Mix the melted butter, eggs, liquor, and the persimmon pulp in another bowl.
- 6Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well combined, but not too mixed. Add the nuts and dry fruit.
- 7Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gâteaux Aux Kakis- Persimmon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 260.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: