Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Store this in the refrigerator for up to 7-10 days. Spoon a little over dog's dry food or sometimes I warm it up a bit and dip one of his treats in when I really want to spoil him..
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth (you can also make your own with beef granules,or cubes and water)
- 1 tablespoon Heinz ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules or 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Place oil and flour into a medium heavyweight pan.
- Heat over very low heat, stirring, until mixture is smooth. (Caution, it will be very thick)
- add broth, mix well.
- add remaining ingredients, mix till smooth.
- Heat until mixture comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer slowly, stirring constantly for 1 minutes. cool to room temperature before serving.
- This makes approximately 2 cups of gravy.