Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is my grandma's recipe. We make it and serve it as a salad every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It gets gobbled up much faster than the turkey! Please note that the jello must be set before adding the pineapple. If it is added too early, the acid will inhibit with the gelling process.
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed!)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- Bring lemon juice, water, and sugar to a boil in saucepan.
- Add package of lime jello and stir until it dissolves completely.
- Let set in refrigerator in a 8x8 square glass pan.
- Whip the cream into the pan of jello with an electric mixer.
- Then whip in the cream cheese and pineapple.
- It helps to break the cream cheese into smaller chunks before mixing.
- Make sure all the jello gets mixed into the other ingredients.
- Keep in freezer for a couple of hours before serving.
- Can also be stored in the fridge if you want a softer jello.
This was exactly like a salad my dear grandma used to make! I loved it, and so did everyone that tried it at a family gathering. Since Gram died in 1991, I haven't had this salad in a long time. Thanks for a great recipe and fond memories it brought back!!!