Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
We call this "Gotta Love Me Chicken," but stands for Garlic-Lemon-Mushroom! The 6 garlic cloves really flavor this dish wonderfully. Ready in under 30 minutes!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled & left whole
- 3⁄4 lb medium mushroom (trimmed,quartered or halved)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Rinse chicken & pat dry.
- Combine in shallow dish flour & pepper; dredge chicken until coated.
- In large heavy skillet, heat oil and cook breasts until nicely browned on one side (about 3 minutes); turn to other side.
- Add garlic cloves to skillet; sprinkle mushrooms over chicken. Continue cooking, moving mushrooms & chicken so they cook evenly (about 3 minutes). Add lemon juice, broth, bay leaf & thyme. Cover & cook on low heat until cooked through, about 10 additional minutes.
- Transfer chicken to warm serving platter and increase heat to medium-high. Cook sauce, stirring occasionally, until reduced by 1/2; discard garlic & bay leaf and skim any fat from top.
- Spoon sauce & mushrooms over chicken; garnish & serve - Enjoy!
- Optional garnishes: lemon slices, thyme sprigs or spinach leaves.
This is a wonderful yet easy dish. My family loved this chicken dish. They want it again real soon.