Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandmother, ("G.G." to her great-grandkids), taught me this recipe many years ago. The mystery is in the addition of mayo!!! It adds a little creaminess and a bit of, "Hmmm...what is that subtle flavor"? G.G. is still going strong, now a "G.G.G"!!!
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 small tomatoes, small dice
- 1 bermuda onion, small dice
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice (lime is tasty, too)
- 14.79 ml prepared salsa (I use salsa with garlic already added)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- In medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork.
- Add other ingredients, and mix well.
- Watch it disappear!
This was a delicious and easy guacamole. I made this to accompany Taco Salad Taco Salad and they went wonderfully together. Thank you Yosemite Chef. Made for 2013 Zaar Cookbook Tag.
I have made this a number of times and just love it. Thanks for sharing Yosemite Chef.
Exactly the same way I make guacamole except I add about 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt to mine. It never lasts long at our house. And you are right...the mayo is awesome. I discovered it when I was looking for sour cream (which I used to use instead) and never looked back since.