Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe from the Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies I found here on Food.com. I needed something yummy and a little healthy to hand my kids on the way out the door. They are a fluffy, almost scone or muffin like texture. Enjoy.
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F, line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a Medium bowl sift together flours, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together sugars, orange zest, butter and coconut oil.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing, then add the vanilla extract.
- Add carrots, coconut and gluten free oats. Combine.
- Add, one cup at a time of the flour mix. Dough will become thick and sticky.
- Mix in chocolate chips, or nuts or whatever else you would like.
- scoop out approximately 1/4 cup of dough and place in a mound on the baking sheet, place cookies about 2 inches apart.
- bake cookies, one sheet at a time, for approximately 18-20 minutes (9-10 convection/fast bake). cookies should be light brown on bottom and golden brown on top, toothpick placed inside should come out clean.