Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love falafel and had to see if I could find a good recipe and make it gluten free. So after looking around and changing up a few recipes this is what I came up with. Enjoy.
- 1 cup spouted garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour, garbanzo bean
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 cup oil, for pan frying
- Sprout chickpeas by soaking over night, rinse. Rinse 2 times daily with fresh water until beans begin to sprout.
- In blender or food processor combine chickpeas, onion, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and quinoa. Pulse until a thick paste is made. Add 1 tsp water if not combining well.
- In separate bowl combine flour and xanthan gum, mix. Add chickpea paste and parsley, mix until well combined.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F Heat sautee pan to medium heat, add oil. Spoon mixture into pan and slightly flatten. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown, on each side. Place on sheet pan with parchment paper and finish cooking in oven for 5-7 minutes.