Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not your plain old banana bread. We ate the whole loaf in 2 days because it was so good. The dark chocolate chips are creamy and distinctive in flavor against the raspberries which add a really fresh flavor burst! (and a fun surprise!) I last made this recipe on a whim at 9:30 at night. The whole prep time to oven is less than 5 minutes which is any busy person's dream! FYI: Make sure to use SUPER RIPE bananas. (blackened skin, the nastier looking the better) Recipezaar won't let me choose ripe bananas as an ingredient.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- cinnamon, nutmeg to taste (we like more than less)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- add everything except raspberries to a bowl and mix,.
- fold in raspberries to maintain their integrity and avoid mashing them, pour into greased loaf pan.
- bake for 45 min (check at 30 minutes with a toothpick just in case. Last time it finished in 30 minutes).