Delicious fall flavored pancake-bake that is light, colorful, healthy and best of all easy to make. I have made it a couple of ways. You can use just one type of fruit or more for color and flavor. This recipe works really well with Pear by itself. I would bet that an apple would be really nice by itself too. Use whatever is in season. I am really liberal with the cinnamon, so I probably use more than the 1/2 teaspoon total that I put in the recipe. This will impress any brunch guest or Christmas morning guest (think: inlaws!) I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- While oven heats, put butter in 9-inch pie pan and place in oven to melt.
- Remove using oven mits and swirl pan to grease bottom and sides.
- thinly slice pear, peach and strawberries. (no need to peel!)put fruit in a mixing bowl and add in 1 teaspoon brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I actually eyeballed it vs measuring. you can do this part to your taste). Stir up the mixture so all the fruit is coated nicely.
- Place fruit mixture in bottom of pie pan on top of butter.
- In the mixing bowl add milk, sugar, the remaining cinnamon, eggs, flour, vanilla and salt. whisk together until smooth.
- Pour over fruit in pie pan.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, 22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm with Maple syrup.