Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious creps. Best served warm with ice cream.
- 3 peaches
- 1⁄2 cup peach schnapps
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 orange, zest of
- 12 crepes
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- nutmeg, freshly grated for garnish
- Peaches: Put the peaches in a bowl, pour boiling water over them, and let stand for 30 seconds.
- Remove them from the hot water and plunge them into a bowl filled with cold water and ice.
- When the peaches are cool enough to handle, peel the skins using a paring knife.
- Cut each peach into eighths.
- In a bowl, combine the peach slices, peach schnapps, sugar, and orange zest. Set aside.
- Flambé: In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the clarified butter.
- Briefly sauté one crepe at a time, just long enough to heat through.
- Fold each crepe into quarters and place on a warm serving plate.
- Add 1/3 of the peaches and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Carefully add 2 tablespoons of the orange liqueur.
- Use a very long match to ignite the liqueur. Be Careful!
- Let the flame extinguish.
- Ladle peaches over the crepes.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.