Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a really yummy cake!
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced peaches in juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peach schnapps
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degreesF (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a blender, puree peaches with juice, schnapps, white sugar and orange juice until smooth.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of peach mixture for the frosting.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and 1 1/2 cups of the peach mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- To make the frosting: Mix together the confectioners' sugar, margarine and remaining 1/4 cup of the peach mixture.
- Pour over hot cake. Frost cake while still hot.
This cake was absolutely moist and delicious. I got rave reviews at the cookout and everyone asking for the recipe. Some fuzzy navel cakes don't add the peaches, and this really adds to the great flavor.
I also ended up with more juice than the directions called for -- but it didn't go to waste! This cake is very moist, but also extremely rich with the addition of 1 cup of sugar. Thanks for sharing!
HELP! LOL I just put this cake into the oven and it smells really good BUT I have an extra 1 1/4c. of peach mixture leftover!! I can't for the life of me figure out what I did wrong! After mixing up the peaches/schnapps etc, I took out 1/4c. as directed for the frosting and then I used the 1 1/2c. in the cake mix and I still have the 1 1/4c. left! Any help would be appreciated! Since I can't bring myself to throw that much yummy stuff away I think I'll put it over ice and have myself a drink!! hehehe