1/3 Photos of Fuyu Bundt Cake
1 hr 15 mins
The Fuyu is a non-astringent variety of persimmon (it won't dry out your mouth, I promise). They are flat not pointy. They are eaten while still firm like an apple (peeled or unpeeled). They are very sweet and creamy and slightly spicy. I love them! Most recipes made with them are salads, salsas and chutneys. This is one of the only baking recipes I've found. It is from an old Sunset magazine. It turned out wonderful! The clove taste is dominent but I liked it. It was good hot out of the oven but even better the next day. I'm going to try more baking with this type of persimmon in recipes that use apples. *Next time I make it, I think I'll try adding 1-2 tbsp of orange zest and perhaps an orange glaze. This should work in 2 loaf pans as well. *I've never had a problem with this recipe mixing the baking soda with the Fuyus, as it says, but if you're wary of the same thing happening to you that happened to Lalaloula, add the baking soda to the dry ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 firm fuyu persimmons, peeled and diced (3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped finely (I used pecans)
- 3/4 cup raisins (I used golden)
- powdered sugar, to dust if desired
- 1Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Blend baking soda with chopped fuyus. Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl beat butter with sugar. Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- 5Stir in fuyu mix.
- 6Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 7Stir flour mixture into fuyu mixture until just blended.
- 8Stir in walnuts and raisins.
- 9Pour (Spoon, it will be thick) into prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- 10Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn onto rack.
- 11When cool, dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fuyu Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.5
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 618.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: