Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
These large sushi rolls use a full sheet of nori seaweed to enclose generous fillings.
- 3 sheets nori
- 15 -20 large shrimp, cooked
- 3 imitation crab sticks
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, finely grated
- 1 small cucumber (preferably Lebanese or Japanese)
- 1 avocado
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 cups cooked rice, seasoned with sushi vinegar (see #315511 Easy Sushi Rice)
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- Cut sea sticks in half lengthwise.
- Cut cucumber lengthwise into narrow strips.
- Halve avocado, remove pit and slice into strips. Remove center ribs and shred lettuce.
- Mix one cup of water with the rice vinegar in a small bowl and set aside to use as hand vinegar, to rinse your hands and keep the rice from sticking to them.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on a bamboo rolling mat. Place a piece of nori, rough side up on the plastic wrap.
- Take a handful of rice and spread it over half of the nori, leaving 1" on the far side of the nori clear. Repeat to cover the other half of the seaweed sheet.
- Arrange 5-6 shrimp in a row about 2" from the close edge.
- Add a row of sea sticks, then a row of shredded lettuce.
- On top of the shrimp, place slices of avocado and shredded carrots so the ingredients are piled like logs of wood. One third of each of the filling ingredients should be used for each roll.
- Pick up the mat from the near side and roll it up, pressing gently. Remove from rolling mat. Repeat steps to make two more rolls.
- Cut each roll into 8 slices. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.