1/1 Photo of Futomaki - Big Sushi Roll
These large sushi rolls use a full sheet of nori seaweed to enclose generous fillings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut sea sticks in half lengthwise.
- 2Cut cucumber lengthwise into narrow strips.
- 3Halve avocado, remove pit and slice into strips. Remove center ribs and shred lettuce.
- 4Mix one cup of water with the rice vinegar in a small bowl and set aside to use as hand vinegar, to rinse your hands and keep the rice from sticking to them.
- 5Place a piece of plastic wrap on a bamboo rolling mat. Place a piece of nori, rough side up on the plastic wrap.
- 6Take a handful of rice and spread it over half of the nori, leaving 1" on the far side of the nori clear. Repeat to cover the other half of the seaweed sheet.
- 7Arrange 5-6 shrimp in a row about 2" from the close edge.
- 8Add a row of sea sticks, then a row of shredded lettuce.
- 9On top of the shrimp, place slices of avocado and shredded carrots so the ingredients are piled like logs of wood. One third of each of the filling ingredients should be used for each roll.
- 10Pick up the mat from the near side and roll it up, pressing gently. Remove from rolling mat. Repeat steps to make two more rolls.
- 11Cut each roll into 8 slices. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Futomaki - Big Sushi Roll
Serving Size: 1 (1716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 9.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
imitation crab sticks