Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A plain, simple meat loaf for people who want a not-much-in-it-but-still-good meatloaf. My husband likes to take it for lunch and make sandwiches out of the slices.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 egg
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can beef consomme
- 2 slices bread, torn into shreds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients throughly.
- Press in to a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Do not cover the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until 170 degrees registers on a meat thermometer.