Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tomato Gratin is a casserole that can be made with multicolored ripe tomatoes or green tomatoes. We used red. The tomatoes after cooking will be tender and the topping will have a bit of a crunch.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 quart (9X9) square glass casserole dish with cooking spray to coat bottom and sides.
- Cut medium size tomatoes in slices (no need to core or peel them).
- Put in one layer of tomatoes, then top with a sprinkle of basil, salt, pepper, some poultry seasoning, and bread crumbs (can subsitute chicken flavored boxed stuffing for the poultry seasoning and bread crumbs - but we liked it this way).
- Slice a medium onion into rings then seperate and top the first layer only.
- Repeat layers as stated above 2-3 times depending on size of tomatoes (I used some smaller ones).
- Top with 1.5 ounces (about half a 2.8 ounce can) French's french fried onions.
- Then drizzle the melted butter over all.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.