Recipe by Lucky Chef
I was reviewing a lot Moroccan Chicken Stew recipes and I was missing a few key ingredients so I came up with this one instead. I used 2 small snack sized boxes of raisins as that is what I had on hand. Not really Moroccan and not Indian. I kind of fused the two together. All vegetables were cut in large sized dice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 large zucchini, large dice
- 3 ounces raisins
- 1 large onion, large dice
- 2 inches gingerroot, peeled and minced about a 2 inch piece
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pat dry chicken. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of garam masala on chicken. Brown chicken in pan on both sides. Place in bottom of Crock Pot.
- Cook onion and ginger in same pan as chicken till translucent about 5 minutes. Pour chicken broth in pan and de glaze pan getting all little pieces of flavor mixed into broth. Pour broth on chicken in crock pot add tomatoes and garbanzo beans. Layer on all other vegetables and raisins. Cover and cook on low about 7 to 8 hours depending on how soft you want your vegetables. Turn to warm till serving.
- I served this with couscous but you could also substitute rice.