The fusion of the United States and New Zealand.
Make and share this Fusion Salad With Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely snipped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely snipped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 1 (5 ounce) bag Baby Lettuces
- 1 ripe mango, cubed (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 kiwi, cut into 8 wedges
- Whisk together first 9 ingredients; refrigerate, covered.
- Heat sugar in small skillet over medium heat until sugar melts and is a light golden brown. Stir in pecans until all are well coated. Spread on greased foil or parchment paper. When cool, chop into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- To Serve: Toss baby lettuces with mango and onion; divide among 8 salad plates. Arrange 2 kiwi wedges on each salad, sprinkle with caramelized pecans. Drizzle vinaigrette over salads; serve immediately.