Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
The fusion of the United States and New Zealand.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely snipped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely snipped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 1 (5 ounce) bag Baby Lettuces
- 1 ripe mango, cubed (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 kiwi, cut into 8 wedges
- Whisk together first 9 ingredients; refrigerate, covered.
- Heat sugar in small skillet over medium heat until sugar melts and is a light golden brown. Stir in pecans until all are well coated. Spread on greased foil or parchment paper. When cool, chop into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- To Serve: Toss baby lettuces with mango and onion; divide among 8 salad plates. Arrange 2 kiwi wedges on each salad, sprinkle with caramelized pecans. Drizzle vinaigrette over salads; serve immediately.
This recipe was awesome. I loved the combination of the fresh fruit with the sweet pecans. The dressing was lively and I loved the flavor from the thyme. Instead of mint, I used basil. I will definitely make again. Made for ZWT 8.
Oh gailanng, this is a 10 star recipe!
All were impressed from this wonderful salad! I can't explain in words how good it was!
A highly recommended recipe!
What a wonderful and refreshing salad!!! Just loved the mango and kiwi, but the star of the salad had to be those wonderful sweet pecans, yummy!!! The dressing is also very fresh and a little citrus flavor, which I also love!! Thanks so much for sharing a yummy salad for this part of ZWT8.