Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Aromatic Eastern flavours bring a refreshingly contemporary edge to a traditional shrimp cocktail. You can prepare the coconut infusion the day before, cover and leave in the fridge until ready to use - this will allow the flavours to really develop. The shrimp cocktails can be assembled up to 1 hour before serving, if kept chilled.
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled
- 1⁄2 small head romaine lettuce, shredded
For the dressing
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 red chile, deseeded and finely chopped
- 7⁄8 cup coconut milk
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tender inner core only, chopped
- 1 lime, zest of, Grated, plus
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped, plus
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint, to garnish
- 5 ounces fat free Greek yogurt
- To make the dressing, place the coconut milk in a medium saucepan with half the chili, and all the ginger and lemon grass. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Leave to cool for about 30 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Strain the dressing through a sieve into a bowl. Stir in the yoghurt, mint, lime zest and juice, and the remaining chili, season lightly and then stir in the shrimp.
- Divide the Romaine lettuce between 4 small serving dishes and spoon the shrimp and dressing over the top. Serve immediately, garnished with the reserved mint sprigs and a slice of lime, or a little more red chilli, finely sliced.