Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Potatoes dressed with sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, prosciutto and green onion with chopped toasted cashews for texture. Allow at least an hour for the for the potatoes to absorb the flavors. Tastes best at room temperature but you can make and refrigerate it the day before
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 5 tablespoons italian prosciutto, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted cashews
- Steam potatoes until tender and let cool.
- Peel potatoes when cool enough to handle, slice 1/2 inch thick and place in a large bowl.
- Add oils to a small heavy saucepan and sautee garlic over medium low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add prosciutto and saute 1 minute, add green onion and saute 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour oil mixture over potatoes and toss gently, cover and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- To serve, gently stir in the cashews and top with the remaining green onions.
Excellent potato salad for a hot summer evening. The salad is a bit oily, especially if you are used to a mayonnaise type dressing, but we found the flavors to blend together perfectly. I will definitely take this to the next "bring something" bbq.