Recipe by Munsterlover
This tasty chili is a wonderful blend of Mexican and Asian Indian flavors. It is warm, but not too hot and will bring a smile to your table. Serve it with either corn tortillas or warm flat bread.
- 1 lb ground turkey (85% lean)
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon indian curry blend spices (or combine turmeric and cumin)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon anchovy paste (or a couple of anchovies)
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- tortillas or flat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven or 5 quart pot, begin to saute ground meats in oil over medium heat. Season meat with curry blend and coriander. Once lightly browned, add in onion, celery, carrot and jalapeno.
- When vegetables are soft, add in garlic, tomato paste and anchovy paste. Continue to saute another five minutes.
- Deglaze with wine and stock. Add in black beans, diced tomatoes (with juice) water and lentils. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cover and continue simmer for one hour (this can also be done in a crockpot).
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortillas or flat bread.