Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
"A tantalizing mixture of flavors where cilantro meets nutmeg. Only the daring need click here. For a variation, serve over cooked rice or burrito-style, wrapped with rice inside warmed tortillas." From Lauren on All Recipes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomatillo salsa, mild, green
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken strips in the skillet, and sprinkle with the red wine vinegar. Season with 1/2 the pepper, 1/2 the oregano, 1/2 the garlic powder, and 1/2 the nutmeg. Cook 5 minutes, turn, and season with remaining pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and nutmeg.
- Place the cilantro, onion, and apples over the chicken in the skillet. Cover, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until chicken juices run clear and apples are slightly tender.
- Place the tomatillo salsa in a bowl, and cook in the microwave 2 minutes on High, or until heated through. Serve over the cooked chicken and apples.