Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great low-fat chicken recipe that is SOOO full of flavor! I like to serve this with steamed green beans and white rice on the side. Wonderful blend of flavors!
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 oranges
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb. total)
- sesame seeds (to garnish) (optional)
- In small bowl, combine water, hoisin sauce, preserves, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Grate 1 tsp.
- of orange rind and add to hiosin mixture; set aside.
- Peel and coarsely chop oranges, removing seeds.
- In bowl, toss oranges and cilantro and set aside.
- Cook chicken in large skillet in hot oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until chicken is browned; drain.
- Pour hoisin mixture over chicken, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 8-10 min, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Boil sauce gently, uncovered, about 5 minutes, or until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat through, turning once to coat with sauce.
- Serve with sauce spooned over top, orange mixture alongside chicken, and sprinkle of sesame seed, if desired.
I just made this same recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Big Book of Healthy Family Dinners (minus the sesame seed addition). It is soooo yummy! (didn't particularly care for the orange/cilantro combo, but love the chix!) The sauce is so yummy. Served with rice and a salad. As well, I cut the chix breasts into small pieces and it seemed to cook faster and coat the chix well. T