1/1 Photo of Fusion Bean Chili With Orange Curry Yogurt Sauce
6 hrs 10 mins
East (Asian) meets West (Mexican and Midwest U.S.) in this vegetarian crockpot chili. If yogurt sauce is omitted, the chili suits a vegan diet. If your family has to have meat, brown 1 pound of ground turkey or extra lean ground beef and drain off the fat before adding as the first ingredient to the crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 46 1/2 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained (3 15.5-oz. cans)
- 20 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies (2 10-oz. cans)
- 1 cup diced apple
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, up to 3 teaspoons (preferably Madras curry powder)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
ORANGE CURRY YOGURT SAUCE
- 1Pour drained black beans in crockpot. Pour Rotel tomatoes over. Spread diced apple on top.
- 2Blend 1 tablespoon curry powder with 1/4 cup orange marmalade. Spread on top of other ingredients in crockpot.
- 3Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on Low.
- 4Meanwhile, mix yogurt, 2 tablespoons marmalade, and 1/4 teaspoon curry powder and refrigerate in non-reactive container (glass would be perfect) for at least 4 hours.
- 5Serve chili in bowls, with dollop of Orange Curry Yogurt Sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fusion Bean Chili With Orange Curry Yogurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.9
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 937.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g