Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Food and Wine's 'One-Dish Meals'
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb fusilli
- 1⁄4 lb fontina, grated (about 1 cup)
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a mdeium frying pan, melt one tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Add the bell peppers and 1/4 teaspoons salt and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the broiler and butter a large shallow baking dish.
- Cook fusilli until al dente in a large pot of boiling, salted water, about 13 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Toss the pasta with the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and 3/4 teaspoons salt, the sauteed bell peppers, fontina, mozzarella, 3 tablespoons Parmesan and black pepper.
- Transfer pasta to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan over the top. Broil until the top begins to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with additional Parmesan.
I used roasted red peppers as I had some to use up and just sauteed those in the butter for a bit. All the different cheeses were wonderful with the peppers.