Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very delicate flavored pasta dish. Use good, fresh ingredients since there are so few. For spice add some red pepper flakes if desired. For a meaty dinner instead of a veggie one add some diced spicy Italian sausage.
- 1 small green cabbage, finely shredded (not coleslaw mix)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- In large skillet (I use my electric skillet) melt 1 T butter on medium high heat.
- Add shredded cabbage and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until all the water cooks out and the cabbage is sizzling in the butter.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta and drain.
- When cabbage is shrunken and sizzling add the pasta.
- Turn off heat. Grated the cheese directly over the pasta and stir up. Salt to taste.
- Add the final pat of butter and stir up.
- Plate and enjoy with more cheese at the table.