Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
from the happy couple :)
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (9 ounce) bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 cup about 3 1/2-ounces grated asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Microwave the asparagus with a little bit of water for about 2:30 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, warm olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 more minutes. Add the asparagus and cooked pasta and toss. Add the cheeses, salt, pepper, and the pasta cooking liquid and stir to combine. Transfer the pasta to a serving plate and serve.
Used organic Kamut spirals. I did stir fry ( not a fan of microwaving) the asparagus in the oil with the garlic then added the spinach, which was fresh picked from my garden. Cheesy good! Thanks