Recipe by dicentra
This is from my 365 Ways to Cook Pasta cookbook. I think I can convert this into a backpacking recipe. YUM!
- 12 ounces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the shrimp, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, the chopped coriander, garlic, and red pepper; cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat medium skillet over high heat; add the shrimp and marinade; sauté, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp is pink and tender. Remove from heat.
- Steam snow peas in simmering water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Cook the fusilli in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil and 2 tablespoons of lime juice, coriander leaves, sesame oil, and salt. Add the cooked shrimp, snow peas, fusilli and scallions; toss well. Serve at room temperature.