Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can use Spinach or Arugula instead of the Watercress. Serve warm or chilled for a nice salad for brunch.
- 1 lb fusilli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch scallion, thin sliced see note
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces peas, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, fresh grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces watercress
- Note keep the white and the green of the scallions separate.
- Cook the fusilli until Al dente according to package directions. Drain and return to pot tossing with 1 tbsp oil. Cover to keep warm.
- While this is cooking saute the garlic and white of scallion in a saucepan in the remainder of the oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cook 1 minute. Turn the shrimp and cook until pink and opaque approx one minute more. Stir in peas, wine, lemon zest, and red pepper. Cook 1 minute.
- Transfer shrimp mix to the pot and toss with pasta. Drizzle lemon juice over. Sprinkle with green scallion pieces and the watercress. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently and serve.
Very good quick pasta dish which we enjoyed. I made a few minor changes based on what I had on hand by using green beans (instead of the peas and watercress) and sherry (instead of the wine). Thanks for sharing!