Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Courtesy Giada De Laurentiis - No Sauce Pastas - from her show Everyday Italian. Haven't had the chance to make this yet but I was thinking what a great dish as she was making it. It seems simple to prepare!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 12 ounces fusilli
- 3 cups packed fresh arugula, torn in 1/2
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes and white wine and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until the wine reduces by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook just until they are pink, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the fusilli in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the fusilli.
- Add the fusilli and arugula to the skillet.
- Toss to combine.
- Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and serve.