Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick pasta dish for busy nights. Very rich, very satisfying.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 340.19 g sweet Italian sausage links, removed from casing and crumbled (or hot)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced into thin strips
- 9.85 ml fresh sage, minced or 4.92 ml dried sage
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml sweet sweet vermouth or 59.14 ml marsala
- 78.07 ml chicken broth (low or no-salt, please)
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 226.79 g dried fusilli, cooked and drained
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- You will need a deep saute pan that can hold the sauce, and the pasta.
- Have all your ingredients ready to go before beginning to cook.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks, until done.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Let cook about a minute, then add the sage, toss, and cook another minute.
- Add the Vermouth to the pan and toss with the other ingredients.
- Let reduce about half (about 2-3 minutes), then add the chicken stock.
- Toss and let this reduce about half (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add the cream, then let this mixture reduce slightly.
- Taste, adjust for pepper and salt.
- Add the pasta and 1/2 of the cheese to the pan and toss to combine everything thoroughly.
- Serve with the remaining cheese.
The wonderful flavor of this dish certainly belies its simplicity! I loved the combination of the sausage, sundried tomatoes and vermouth cream sauce. It was definitely easy enough for a weekday night, but elegant enough for company. I served it with crusty bread and PetitFour's Spiced Cheesecake (Spiced Cheesecake) - a winning combination! Thanks, PetitFour!
Loved this pasta dish. Made as written but added more half and half to make more sauce. DH had three servings to finish it off.
Husband says it's a keeper and I agree, As with another reviewer, i used milk instead of the cream. :)