Recipe by P4
Quick pasta dish for busy nights. Very rich, very satisfying.
Top Review by miss gracie
The wonderful flavor of this dish certainly belies its simplicity! I loved the combination of the sausage, sundried tomatoes and vermouth cream sauce. It was definitely easy enough for a weekday night, but elegant enough for company. I served it with crusty bread and PetitFour's Spiced Cheesecake (recipe #56302) - a winning combination! Thanks, PetitFour!
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 340.19 g sweet Italian sausage links, removed from casing and crumbled (or hot)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced into thin strips
- 9.85 ml fresh sage, minced or 4.92 ml dried sage
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml sweet sweet vermouth or 59.14 ml marsala
- 78.07 ml chicken broth (low or no-salt, please)
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 226.79 g dried fusilli, cooked and drained
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need a deep saute pan that can hold the sauce, and the pasta.
- Have all your ingredients ready to go before beginning to cook.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks, until done.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Let cook about a minute, then add the sage, toss, and cook another minute.
- Add the Vermouth to the pan and toss with the other ingredients.
- Let reduce about half (about 2-3 minutes), then add the chicken stock.
- Toss and let this reduce about half (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add the cream, then let this mixture reduce slightly.
- Taste, adjust for pepper and salt.
- Add the pasta and 1/2 of the cheese to the pan and toss to combine everything thoroughly.
- Serve with the remaining cheese.