1/1 Photo of Fusilli With Sausage Sun Dried Tomatoes and Vermouth Cream Sauce
Quick pasta dish for busy nights. Very rich, very satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage links, removed from casing and crumbled (or hot)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet sweet vermouth or 1/4 cup marsala
- 1/3 cup chicken broth (low or no-salt, please)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces dried fusilli, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1You will need a deep saute pan that can hold the sauce, and the pasta.
- 2Have all your ingredients ready to go before beginning to cook.
- 3Heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the sausage, breaking it up as it cooks, until done.
- 4Add the sundried tomatoes and toss to combine.
- 5Season with the salt and pepper.
- 6Let cook about a minute, then add the sage, toss, and cook another minute.
- 7Add the Vermouth to the pan and toss with the other ingredients.
- 8Let reduce about half (about 2-3 minutes), then add the chicken stock.
- 9Toss and let this reduce about half (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- 10Add the cream, then let this mixture reduce slightly.
- 11Taste, adjust for pepper and salt.
- 12Add the pasta and 1/2 of the cheese to the pan and toss to combine everything thoroughly.
- 13Serve with the remaining cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fusilli With Sausage Sun Dried Tomatoes and Vermouth Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1415.0
- Calories from Fat 774
- Total Fat 86.1 g
- Saturated Fat 36.0 g
- Cholesterol 200.4 mg
- Sodium 2621.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 59.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: