Recipe by Rhiannon Deux
6 Points per serving if made with whole wheat pasta/7 Points per serving if made with standard pasta. To complement this dish, halve a garlic clove and rub it on toasted slices of Italian bread. Then lightly coat the bread with olive-oil cooking spray. (Bread not included in points.)
- 8 ounces uncooked fusilli
- 8 ounces raw turkey sausage, casings removed
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 7 ounces pimento pepper, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet. Cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, broth, red peppers, salt, pepper and oregano. Heat to serving temperature, about 3 minutes.
- Drain fusilli, add to sausage mixture and toss to combine.