Recipe by spaghetti_soprano
From Everday Italian on the Food Network, this recipe is absolutely amazing! Do not hesitate, go out, buy your ingredients, and start cooking!!!
Top Review by megs_
This is really yummy! I used reduced fat sausage and subbed a can of artichokes for the frozen kind. The sun-dried tomatoes add a great flavor! I also skipped the white whine and just used more low-sodium chicken broth. Thank you so much for posting! :)
- 3⁄4 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, sliced, 2 tablespoons of oil reserved
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 16 ounces fusilli
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 8 ounces water-packed fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and cubed (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil reserved from the tomatoes in a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook until brown, breaking up the meat into bite-size pieces with a fork, about 8 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a bowl. Add the artichokes and garlic to the same skillet, and saute over medium heat until the garlic is tender, about 2 minutes. Add the broth, wine, and sun-dried tomatoes. Boil over medium-high heat until the sauce reduces slightly, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fusilli in boiling water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta (do not rinse). Add the pasta, sausage, 1/2 cup Parmesan, basil, and parsley to the artichoke mixture. Toss until the sauce is almost absorbed by the pasta. Stir in the mozzarella. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve, passing the additional Parmesan cheese alongside.