Recipe by dicentra
This is out of my 365 Low Fat cookbook. I haven’t tried this yet, but I almost always have a jar of red peppers in the fridge. I thought this would make a good quick dinner, maybe with some grilled chicken or fish. I bet the sauce could be frozen too for make ahead dinner. If someone tries that, please let me know if it can be done!
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces fusilli or 8 ounces spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine roasted red peppers, red onion, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and cayenne.
- Pour into a bowl. Stir in parsley. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes for flavors to mellow. (Or while you are cooking the pasta).
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss to combine. Serve hot.