Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
If you love the earthy flavor of mushrooms, this fantastic pasta recipe is for you.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced mixed mushrooms (white, oyster, shiitake)
- 1 leek, sliced
- 150 g bacon, diced finely
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb fusilli
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated friulano cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, saute the sliced mushrooms in the olive oil and butter over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the leek, bacon and red pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pot, cook the fusili in plenty of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Add the thyme and parsley and toss gently. Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.