Recipe by smellyvegetarian
Welp, here's another one from Prevention. I am posting it with adaptations I am likely to make, but you can go to prevention.com to find the original if you like.
Top Review by Adopt Pets
My whole family liked! I used garlic instead of shallots (personal preference). It was a good use of the CSA red chard I had and a great way to sneak it past a 4 year old. I did add a bit of cream at the end because I forgot to save some of the pasta water. I also used 12 oz. seashell pasta (didn't have fusilli). thanks!
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 shallots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 bunch swiss chard, trimmed, stems cut into 1/2-inch thick slices, leaves (inner stems removed)
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms (or other variety)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fusilli per package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add shallots, and cook, tossing or stirring, until tender and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add chard stems and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and chard leaves and cook 1 minute longer or until liquid has mostly evaporated and leaves are wilted.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup of cooking water. Return pasta and the reserved water to pot. Add chard and mushroom mix and cheese. Combine well and serve immediately.