- 226.79 g fusilli
- 226.79 g asparagus, sliced
- 236.59 ml peas (frozen work great, thaw before using)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 236.59 ml vegetable broth
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 78.07 ml heavy cream
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until al dente, adding the asparagus for the last minute of cooking time.
- Place the peas in a colander, then drain the pasta and asparagus over the top of them (this will just heat the peas without overcooking them).
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Combine broth and cornstarch, add to pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, until broth starts to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add cream, juice, salt, and peppers.
- Stir to combine.
- Add pasta and vegetables to the sauce, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve immediately.